Christians around the world are observing Lent differently because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Three ecumenical councils worked together to provide ideas and guidelines for Christians to celebrate Holy Week and bear witness to the resurrection while staying at home.
Observing Holy Week during the COVID-19 outbreak
Important Events during Lent
- Ash Wednesday: official beginning of the Lenten season. It is a day of prayer and public confession of sins.
- Palm Sunday: a day of change from the joyful celebration of Jesus’ triumphant entry into Jerusalem to the solemn knowledge of what lies ahead for him in the coming wee
- Maundy Thursday: focuses on the Lord’s Supper and the new commandment to love one another.
- Good Friday: on this day we remember Christ’s suffering and death on the cross.
- Easter Sunday: celebration of Christ’s resurrection from the dead.
Passover: The Taste of Redemption
A Jewish friend helps us understand and experience the elements of the Passover meal.
What Can the Seder Supper Teach Us about the Lord’s Supper?
D uring Passover, Jews celebrate God leading his people out of slavery in Egypt to freedom. On the first night…